Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine Sentiments In All the Right Places


It wasn't our plan, but this Valentine's Day is just going to have to be different. I've just been through a surgery that not only leaves me confined to the first floor of our winter living space, but also without the ability to drive. Last Wednesday marked one week for me returning home from the hospital and about to embark upon an 8week recovery period.

It was really very tough, at first. I had to do everything, and I mean everything, with assistance. Thank God I have a wonderful caretaker, with the kindest patience, by my side. And, let's face it, there are times when it gets really inconvenient to live in the back and above space of an antique shop. But then there are those times when it really works out great. Like, coming home from the hospital, with all the retained intervenes water suddenly deciding to do a quick body exit, and hardly being able to walk. Antique dealer to the rescue! No, he didn't ride in on a white horse and sweep me off to "Le Toilette". He came marching in with a 1870 Boston potty chair, placed it in a corner, and warned me that there may be splinters because it is very old.

Besides all of that, he's been cooking, too! I've been getting breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed...Gee! Some people only get that on Valentine's Day!

So, although this may not be the year to go out on the town to kick up our heels and enjoy "Valentine's fare", or make some type of complicated dinner, complimented with a chocolate delight artfully decorated with rose petals. It is the year to realize that we find Valentine Sentiments in all the right places! Happy Valentines Day!


Pieces of Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Karen I hope you are feeling better...Get some rest...Breathe...JoAnn Borsari

    ReplyDelete